MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - down under 2010 starts early!

View Single Post

Old 02-02-2010, 08:46 PM   #154
country flag duf

duf has a reputation beyond reputeduf has a reputation beyond reputeduf has a reputation beyond reputeduf has a reputation beyond reputeduf has a reputation beyond reputeduf has a reputation beyond reputeduf has a reputation beyond reputeduf has a reputation beyond reputeduf has a reputation beyond reputeduf has a reputation beyond reputeduf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: down under 2010 starts early!

Hi all! I just wanted to tell you that we really liked Arno in Auckland. He was kinda relaxed and played some brilliant tennis. He also was quite approachable. After one of his games, they had a girl from the audience to try serving on some circles in the service box (each circle had a different prize under it). Arno won a big bottle of Heineken and gave it to the girl. She said: "The French are so romantic." Before his match with Melzer (in the tunnel) he was asked about it and he said: " I will try my best to beat him, because he beat my best friend." (That was because Melzer took out Grosjean).

The only disappointment was for my 10-year old daughter. She went to the kids day (this was on the first day of tourney). They told them Arno would be in the autograph box at 2pm, but he never came. Kids waited for his autographs.

Anyway, I am a bit late with this, only wanted to give you a short report and let you know that he grew on me quite a bit (and I used to think he was/is an absolute weirdo).
duf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote