MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Nick Lindahl Cheering Thread

View Single Post

Old 02-02-2010, 07:05 AM   #135
country flag henwal_of_sweden

henwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nick Lindahl Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmf07 View Post
Fantastic win

Yeah I don't understand it either. I thought they would be selecting guys like Vinci and Pim Pim for the second position and by the time they are done Daniel Berta will be coming through. Maybe they dont want to run the risk of injury. Other than that I'm not sure.
Pim Pim is not active at the moment. He and his wife (or fiancee, im not sure..) just had their 1:st kid a month ago and he have not played any tennis at all recently. To go out and play JMDP and Nalbandian is just to ask for more injuries. Vinciguerra is plagued by injuries and he cannot play to much tournies because his knees suffer to much. Then we have Daniel Berta, but iīm not sure he will make the big league unfortuantely. His game lacks to much power. His serves , both 1:st and 2:nd are just owned by his opponents.
We have a couple of more young guys that plays future-events and so on, but we really really really needs a young guy like Lindahl..

He would get WCīs to the Swedish Open in Båstad and Stockholm Open in both singles and doubles. Maybe those events could be just enough for him to win a couple of matches and get some nice points and get into the top 100 and donīt need to play the qualis at GS-events.

Then again, the moral aspect of this,, i mean itīs tennis australia who have done the hard work and deserves to "get" Lindahl, but if the guy have no chance of playing DC, then i feel itīs ok for him to play for us