MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Andy, Articles and news

View Single Post

Old 01-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #297
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy, Articles and news

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle7007655.ece

Quote:
From Times Online
January 29, 2010

On this form Andy Murray will struggle to match Roger Federer

Neil Harman, Tennis Correspondent, Melbourne

Andy Murray was probably only halfway through his first course when Roger Federer reached the final of the Australian Open for the fifth time this morning. On the face of it, he might have to re-consider whether he wants to play the Swiss in the final tomorrow.

How hard do you work to make this happen? Federer was asked. "All I do is take care of the kids," he replied, as relaxed as it possible to be on the verge of a 16th grand slam title.

"I know Andy would like to win the first title for British tennis in what is it, 150,000 years?" Federer added. "Andy, the poor guy, has to go through those moments over and over again but he has done tremendously. I'm looking forward to a great final, we match up well together. I will play the way I usually always play, aggressively. Andy, if you are listening, I'l drop shot, you will slice to my backhand, I'll lob and you will play through your legs," a reference to the shot of the tournament in the semi final.

If Federer is as on song on Sunday as he was in his demolition of Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France, it will take more than the hopes and prayers of the nation to see the British No 1 home. This was Federer at his imperious best, a 6-2, 6-3, 6-2 triumph in an hour and 28 minutes, less than half the time it took Murray to see off Marin Cilic of Croatia on Thursday.

Tsonga did not help himself, for he was stuck between trying to force the issue and then attempting to make Federer dart around the baseline. Unfortunately for Tsonga, his groundstrokes did not carry enough weight and Federer simply picked him off at will. It was an awesome display. "Against the top players it's always a bonus when you win the first set but I thought he(Tsonga) did really well to come through all those five set matches. Maybe he was mentally more fatigued than physically tonight."

It was hard to believe that this was the same Federer who was a set and a break of serve down to Nikolay Davydenko of Russia in the quarter final on Wednesday. This was simply a wonderful player at the height of his talents. But Sunday is different day, a different pressure, a different occasion.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote