MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2010 Australian Open Reports and Pics

View Single Post

Old 01-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #91
Experimentee

Experimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2010 Australian Open Reports and Pics

Here is my brief report from Friday:

Sirianni def Minar

Joe Sirianni, what a champion. I arrived to find him down 6-1 3-1, and he really fought tooth and nail to get it back level and then to finally win the set. He was using all the variety, chips, slices and dinks as usual, and I can't see how Minar was leading in the first place as he was nothing special. Joe was up an early break in the 3rd, but let it go, but later was able to break again and served out the match in style with many 1st serves in. Joe had a lot of crowd support and it was great to see him get the victory.

Rufin def Brown

It was great to finally see the dreads in person. Brown was quite impressive actually, he has a big serve and also a great forehand, and is quite capable at the net. He has the game to definitely go further. He hit many winners but lost due to making a few loose shots and missed volleys at bad moments. Brown was up 5-3 in the 2nd set but let it go. Rufin had match point in the TB but Brown saved it with a big serve and then carried on to win the TB. He really knows how to get fired up too. In the 3rd set Brown saved quite a few match points, one was with a heroic dive volley which Rufin could not retrieve. Rufin did not really impress me that much, he doesn't seem to have anything special in his game. He was not very aggressive in the points and spent all his time counterpunching and being reasonably consistent in the rallies.

Malisse def Fischer

I came over to watch this match after I was on another court and repeatedly kept hearing Malisse shouting and hitting the backboard. He didn't display any of his usual antics when I was there though. From what I saw of Malisse was playing well, and he lifted and got the job done when he had to against the Austrian, who looks so pale and skinny for a tennis player. Malisse again looks like one of the better players in quallies.
Experimentee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote