MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Ben Mitchell's Banana Party

View Single Post

Old 01-10-2010, 02:17 PM   #10
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ben Mitchell's Banana Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt2010 View Post
How old is this guy and is he going to play AUS OPEN qualies and why didnt he play in Brisbane qualies.
Ben Mitchell is 17, 18 in November, a month younger than Bernard. I would say its about 50/50 chance of him playing Aus Open qualies although with the recent youth push by TA I'd say that 50/50 is now about 70/30 that he'll get one.

I really wish people would look at the draws before saying things. Ben Mitchell DID play Brisbane qualies, he lost in the first round to Joel Lindner 6-4 6-2. Ben doesn't even have a junior ranking anymore because he has been playing seniors for a while now, so unless TA want to give a wildcard to Ben he won't be playing Aus Open juniors this year. He is almost ranked inside the top 1000 now which isn't a bad effort and according to TA he needs to get into the top 750 soon otherwise they'll cut his funding.

Ben is actually tall enough to make a bit of a go on the seniors tour so I guess we'll see some more of Ben Mitchell in the years to come.
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote