MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Get your flags, banners and pom poms ready!!! (The Cheering Thread)

View Single Post

Old 01-08-2010, 03:03 PM   #633
country flag Kournikovaism

Kournikovaism has a reputation beyond reputeKournikovaism has a reputation beyond reputeKournikovaism has a reputation beyond reputeKournikovaism has a reputation beyond reputeKournikovaism has a reputation beyond reputeKournikovaism has a reputation beyond reputeKournikovaism has a reputation beyond reputeKournikovaism has a reputation beyond reputeKournikovaism has a reputation beyond reputeKournikovaism has a reputation beyond reputeKournikovaism has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Get your flags, banners and pom poms ready!!! (The Cheering Thread)

I believe they are paid 10k a year in a base salaray just for representing Kazakhstan and then they get prize money on top of that.

Also Russia and Kazakhstan was all the same country more or less before 1991 so its not really like a foregin country. Likhotseva was Kazakh but represented Russia and Olga Puchkova previously represented Belarus and now Russia. Its seems quite common in the former soviet states.

10,000, the chance to play Davis and Fed Cup does seem a nice deal for players like Golubev, Shvedova, Voskoboeva, and Zhenya.

BTW Olympics in 2012 will only allow 4 Russian ATP players MAX regardless of rank. So by defecting you can play at the Olympics despite having a lower rank than some other players. Like with the last Olympics Zvonareva almost missed out because she was the 5th Russian and won a medal only because Maria had to drop out.

Sesil Karatantcheva
Quote:
Originally Posted by $uricate
How can a thread that introduced the giant frog to the rest of the world be a mess?
I couldnt care less about Ana's predicament when there is an incredibly large frog to be fascinated by.

Last edited by paddyirl : 01-09-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Kournikovaism is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote