MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Andy, Articles and news

View Single Post

Old 01-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #292
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy, Articles and news

Thanks for all the articles you post Getta!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/t...6908-21948335/

Sorry to post anything from the Record but it made me smile

Quote:
Hopman Cup: Laura Robson's cheeky Olympics snub to Andy Murray as pair close in on finals

Jan 7 2010 Ted Tracey

ANDY Murray will have to do some sweet talking if he wants to team up with Laura Robson again at the London Olympics.

The world No.4 is enjoying himself so much alongside his mixed doubles partner at the Hopman Cup he suggested they go for gold in 2012.

But the Scot was stunned to hear Robson say thanks, but no thanks.

Murray said: "I asked her if she wanted to play the Olympics and she said no so it will be the last time I ask her to play mixed!" Quizzed on whether she really wanted to turn down someone as good as Murray, Robson said: "I'll have to think about it."

It was all tongue in cheek, though, because Murray and Robson have been hitting it off Down Under.

And the fun has carried right on to the court where the pair have won two deciding mixed doubles to clinch consecutive 2-1 victories in their first two round-robin matches in Perth.

After squeezing past Kazakhstan in their opener Britain beat Germany by the same score yesterday but Robson pulled her weight this time.

First she pushed world No.22 Sabine Lisicki hard beforeeventually going down 7-6 6-3, having served for the opening set at 5-4.

But after Murray demolished Philipp Kohlschreiber 6-4 6-1 with a superb display Robson lifted her game again as she and her partner saw off the Germans 6-3 6-2.

The Dunblane star said:"We started both matches really well and then went through tough spells. Today was good though. We just played a few bad games.

"It happens in mixed sometimes and things can change quite a lot.

"We haven't played that much together so it takes a bit of time and we've done pretty well."

Murray and Robson continued their banter throughout the post-match press conference with the 15-year-old berating the Scot for using his phone and then saying she had not received much advice from her more experienced partner.

Murray, 22,said: "I don't thinkshe has run back for one lob yet. I'm trying to encourage her to do that a little bit but I am not sure she'd listen to advice.

"I mean, I've only known her for a year and a half so we haven't said too many nice things to each other during that time. I guess that's just the way our relationship is."

As in their first match the British pair stormed to a 5-0 lead only to lose concentration and let the Germans win three straight games before Murray served out for the opening set.

On Monday he revealed Robson's focus had begun to wander after she asked him: "Do you moisturise your hands?" And yesterday Murray again let slip the former junior Wimbledon champion had come up with another unusual question at exactly the same stage of the match.

He said: "When we were walking back to the baseline Laura asked where the balls were.

"I had to explain to her it was the opponents' serve. I don't think she quite understands the scoring system yet."

Robson is already guaranteed the biggest pay cheque of her career - around £28,000 - but it could be a lot more if Britain go on to win the trophy.

Victory over Russia - who suffered a shock defeat to Kazakhstan yesterday - in their final group match tomorrow would ensure their place in Saturday's final.

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote