MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - In the Spotlight YOU! - 2013/2014 Edition - New questions! Post 59!

View Single Post

Old 12-30-2009, 10:47 PM   #36
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In the Spotlight - You! 2009 Edition

1) What caused you to join MTF?

Looking for stuff about Rosewall or Gonzales and discovered this thread: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=145402

2) Which are your favorite tennis players and why do you like them?

Krajicek for serve motion + other S&Vers

3) What are your 10 favorite songs?

Pink Floyd - Echoes
Yes - Gates of Delirium
Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Lucky Man
Jethro Tull - Inside
Schubert - Trio in E Flat
The Byrds - Satisfied Mind (written by R. Hayes for Porter Wagoner but the Byrds' version is the utter best)
Johnny Cash - Forever Young (a Dylan cover, accompanied by many great musicians for Red Hot + Country)
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Ramble Tamble
Crosby Stills Nash & Young - Teach Your Children (with Suzy Boguss for Red Hot + Country is best)
Waylon Jennings - This Time
Verdi - Triumphant March
Donovan - Atlantis
Dvorak - New World Symphony
Brad Paisley - Come on in (ft Buck Owens)
Alan Jackson - Livin' on Love
The Band - Acadian Driftwood
Triana - Abre la puerta
Ennio Morricone - Il triello

That would be ok

4) What is your philosophy of life in general?

Laugh as much as possible with friends and looking for calm and peacefulness at the same time

5) What are your best and worst traits?

Best: I'm trying to be honest and have fun with people (make humor)
Worst: I'm very shy (irl) and extremely touchy (though I think I've made efforts over the years)

6) If you had to reccomend a book(s) and a movie(s) to other people, which would they be?

Book: 1984 (u can still watch the film as well)
Film: Lawrence of Arabia

7) What would you have written in your epitaph?

Confusion

8) Which other sports besides tennis are you a fan of?

My fave sport is cycling (cyclocross in particular). I'm a Belgian after all. I like snooker as well. But hate football/soccer.

9) What countries would you like to visit and why?

Norway, Iceland, Feroe Island, Patagonia, Northern Canada or Russia, Finland, Scotland, Ireland, New Zealand, North Pole, Antarctic > Why???

10) If you had one piece of advice to give to others, what would it be?

Don't take anything for granted.

11) Which are your favorite quotes?

"The increase in the number of machines will develop in an unthinkable way the spirit of greed" (personal translation from a quote in French by Georges Bernanos in La France contre les robots)

"Take but degree away, untune that string and hark what discord follows" (the character Ulysses in Shakespeare's Troylus & Cressida)

12) What is that you most love and hate?

most love: honesty, humor, good music, beauty
most hate: hypocrisy, noise, greed
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote