MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Suicide Tennis - Suggestions For 2010

View Single Post

Old 12-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #2
country flag natashha

natashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suicide Tennis - Suggestions For 2010

Here's my opinion on the two most discussed rules:

deadline - should stay as it is, the start of the first match. It's simpler for the managers to know the late picks and it enables complete updates once the play starts, so stats could be calculated and so.

Sunday start - I don't have a strong opinion about this, it could be tricky if lot of players forgot to pick, I guess I'll vote to keep it always Monday start

Now, about the point distribution,
it used to be http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...60&postcount=3.

The first thing:
Quote:
250 Category

Winning pick on Day 1: 5
Winning pick on Day 2: 20
Winning pick on Day 3: 33
Winning pick on Day 4: 45

Winning pick on Day 5: 90
Winning pick on Day 6: 150
Winning pick on Day 7: 250
Quote:
500 Category

Winning pick on Day 1: 5
Winning pick on Day 2: 45
Winning pick on Day 3: 68
Winning pick on Day 4: 90

Winning pick on Day 5: 180
Winning pick on Day 6: 300
Winning pick on Day 7: 500
you get 1 point less for winning on Day 4 compared to Day 3, this has to be changed.

The second thing is about Grand Slams.
Wimbledon has its own distribution cause it's shorter due to Middle Sunday, only 10 days of play.
The rest of GS were 12 days events.
For AO and RG schedule of play that's natural, but USO has 13 days of play, so it needed to be reduced and that's why all QF were made one day to make it fit. I suggest USO 2010 be 13 day event and like Wimbledon has its own point distribution. (Otherwise it's just easier to win than RG and AO cause 4 QF = 1 Day does make difference.)

Thirdly, how about giving 1 point to the players out on Day 1?
It would be a way to break ties, it wouldn't affect the rankings more that that considering only limited number of tournaments count. And it would help me a lot calculating the rankings, it would make clear how many tournaments one has played.

I'll wait for the comments of fellow Suicide players, and only after redo the distributions. (They'll change certainly because of the issue number one.)