MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - In the Spotlight YOU! - 2013/2014 Edition - New questions! Post 59!

View Single Post

Old 12-17-2009, 05:52 AM   #30
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In the Spotlight - You! 2009 Edition

Quote:
1) What caused you to join MTF?
I was a tennis junkie before I found MTF, and was searching around google for some news and came across MTF. The rest, as they say, is history.

Quote:
2) Which are your favorite tennis players and why do you like them?
See the siggie. I am a bit strange when it comes to favorites, I like players that play a wide variety of styles from Nadal to Dent. I like players that are less than 6 foot tall, as am I, because I feel it takes even more skill to win at a shorter height. I like headcases, mental rocks, chokers, shotmakers, grinders, really anyone that piques my interest. I like a player with a strong work ethic, not afraid to speak his mind. Its easy for me to support a player that has been through some shit in his life whether it be injury or otherwise.

Quote:
3) What are your 10 favorite songs?
Impossible. Like my range of tennis players, my taste in music is just as diverse. Anything from Metallica to Lil Wayne, Beethoven to Daddy Yankee.

Quote:
4) What is your philosophy of life in general?
I feel that the meaning of life is to have as much fun as humanly possible. Work as hard as you possibly can at whatever it is you want in life and even if you should fall short, you can sleep at night knowing you did your absolute best. Stay humble, or be humbled.

Quote:
5) What are your best and worst traits?
My compassion, empathy, and personal connection that I can make with most anyone I meet. Bad traits? I'll admit, I can be a bit cocky at times, a bit overconfident, and sometimes a downright complete asshole. But I'm trying to curtail that, especially with women, although it does get me success in that area.

Quote:
6) If you had to reccomend a book(s) and a movie(s) to other people, which would they be?
I'm a big fan of mafioso movies. The Godfather 1 and 2, The Untouchables, Goodfellas, etc. As for books, I love reading biographies of famous people.

Quote:
7) What would you have written in your epitaph?
Don't die wondering what if....

Quote:
8) Which other sports besides tennis are you a fan of?
Basically anything. American football and basketball are #2 and #3 after tennis, though.

Quote:
9) What countries would you like to visit and why?
Anywhere I can get to. I love seeing the world and meeting women people from all over the world and seeing how they live and their culture.

Quote:
10) If you had one piece of advice to give to others, what would it be?
Depends on the person I'm giving the advice to and what they need advice with. My answer to #7 would probably suffice in most situations, though.

Quote:
11) Which are your favorite quotes?
"We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict."- Jim Morrison

"Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free."- Jim Morrison

"This fast life soon shatters, cause after all the lights and screams, nothing but my dreams matter."- Tupac Shakur

"I didn't get that power from gunz..coz there's no gunz in jail..I got that power from books and from thinking and strategizing...... That's what I want little niggaz to see"- Tupac Shakur

"I always wanted to be honest with myself and to those who have had faith in me"- Rafael Nadal

"I learned my lesson a long time ago not to take anything for granted."- Rafael Nadal

"Sometimes you just gotta let shit go and say to "hell with it" and move on"- Eminem

"I say what I want to say and do what I want to do. There's no in between. People will either love you for it or hate you for it."- Eminem

Quote:
12) What is that you most love and hate?
I love when I see other people happy and enjoying themselves. I love seeing people smile. I love tennis, women, and partying. I love most anything positive in this world.

I hate to see people taking advantage of someone else. I hate seeing a bully beating up a nerd.

I hate when there is hate and I love where there is love.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose

Last edited by Johnny Groove : 12-17-2009 at 06:14 AM.
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote