Re: Tennis Tipping Rules Thread (first post contains info)
TT Changes 2010
1) WTF doubles:
No change (individual race).
2) Top 30 & challengers in Davis Cup & Grand Slam 2nd weeks and when there are no ATP tournaments played:
Top 30 players (singles & doubles) are allowed to play these challengers as late entries (LE).
3) SR shootout:
Retirements count for the SR shootout (only correct winners, not the SR).
ex: Ljubo vs Blake SR1 -> result Ljubo def Blake 61 ret.
Match: Player A 12:12 Player B - SRs 5:5 (Player A picked Ljubo & Player B picked Blake)
Result: Player A wins on SR1 correct winner.
4) Doubles commitments:
Players are allowed to commit to doubles in week #1.
5) Changes - points breakdown:
- Masters (7 rounds) = 500, 350, 225, 125, 75, 40, 15, 0 (+20 for qualifier)
- 500 (6 rounds) = 300, 210, 135, 75, 40, 15, 0 (+15 for qualifier)
- 250 (6 rounds) = 200, 140, 90, 50, 25, 10, 0 (+10 for qualifier)
6) 250 & 500 tournaments:
7) Challengers & the WTF race:
Challengers count for the WTF race.
8) Top 30 DOUBLES players & Challengers:
Top 30 doubles players are not allowed to play challengers. The same rules apply to singles and doubles.
9) Davis Cup & ATP points:
No change (no points for Davis Cup).
10) Number of SR matches:
All matches as SRs.
11) Protected ranking (PR):
Players are allowed to ask for a PR after they're back from their absence.
Important: They must request a PR before they commit to any tournaments.
11) Wild cards (WC):
No change (no WCs).
12) Current rules which are being added to the thread:
- Picks must be sent to the correct manager.
- Monday’s SRs for doubles (two-day round) – when the manager doesn’t say anything about them, they should go to the bottom of the SR order (for shootout purposes).
- Players must withdraw from the tournament they've previously entered before being accepted in the entry list of another tournament (as a late entry).