MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2009 Off-Season Exhibitions: San Juan/Copa Argentina

View Single Post

Old 12-13-2009, 10:14 AM   #2
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 Off-Season Exhibitions: San Juan/Copa Argentina

About David's match/performance against Massu:

That was really fun to watch. I think I had forgotten just how much I liked watching David play, and I didn't expect this one to be the one to remind me. He hit so many winners in this match.

What was impressive was how quickly he started off the blocks, so self-assured in his shotmaking, playing so aggressively and his timing was excellent as well, one of the main things that usually goes off after a long layoff. His returns were great right from the beginning, and so was his forehand. The trademark angles and accuracy on his groundstrokes were also there, and his serving was good. It looked like he knew exactly what he was doing and he was so focused as well. As the match went on, his backhand got better and better.

I particularly liked that cheeky backhand slice dropshot that he hit, and you know when he's throwing in a couple of serve-and-volleys here and there that he's feeling really creative. It was great to see him enjoying himself so much. I hope that continues over the course of the season.

His movement was a little cautious and he often went for broke on the run, but he pulled off amazing shots so many times, and was hitting with so much pace on the dead run. I think often it didn't look like he'd get there in time, then he would pull off a big shot, which I guess shows decent enough footwork.

It's hard to know what this match means because I think it's a different challenge playing consecutive matches over the course of the tournament, but in terms of shotmaking and groundstrokes, that part of his game was very good, and it was good to see him confident about his game already at such an early stage.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote