MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Ben Mitchell's Banana Party

View Single Post

Old 12-12-2009, 10:38 AM   #5
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ben Mitchell's Banana Party

Another tennis player from the Gold Coast, Ben attended The Southport School with Bernard Tomic back in the day and along with Tomic the Gold Coast are certainly producing a lot of our future prospects i.e Bernard, Ben, Mav Banes, Alex Sanders, Jared Easton and of course Jason Kubler is from Brisbane. I'm not sure what it is but tennis players from south east Queensland just seem to be thriving on the tour.

It is not because we just gained an ATP tournament (although this will certainly help in the future) but something that I think Tennis Australia should really be supporting is the Pat Cash Tennis Academy. That place has produced Mav Banes, Jared Easton, Alex Sanders and even Monika Wejnert! just an unbelivable amount of talent at that club. Perhaps it is the climate of the Gold Coast that really helps players, A more consistantly warm climate helps them to acclimatise to conditions quicker? I'm not sure what it is but they are very good.

I played inter-school tennis there last year and the courts are fairly good and they do have something like twelve hard courts and one clay court but they are just really good. Anyway good luck to Ben next week in the AO WC Playoff, hopefully he can get a win or two and maybe progress to the quarters.
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote