MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2009 FITD Management Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-08-2009, 04:20 AM   #318
country flag d_s

d_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2010 FITD Management Thread

Ok the 2010 calendar is up so if you'd like you can start picking tournaments to run now. I'm not sure if all the dates/Sunday starts are right yet but I just copied it from the ATP website.

and also I wanted to ask everyone about what they thought about a new tiebreak rule in 2010. I sort of tried it out in the WTF and I thought that it worked well. and just so everyone understands, I think that a tiebreak rule might be good for the game since right now it's pretty common for people to be tied for the same spot. (which might cause a problem if there were 3, 4, or even 5 people tied for 1st place, which isn't common but it's possible - I think it would be better if there was just 1 or at most 2 champions for a tournament)

My idea for the tiebreak rule is to go by how many correct picks the players had in each round, (for example)
1. # of correct Final picks
2. # of correct SF picks
3. # of correct QF picks
4. # of correct R16 picks, etc.
and if the players are still tied after each round, then they'll just remain tied.

so please share your thoughts on this!
d_s is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote