MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Serena fined, put on probation for US Open debacle

View Single Post

Old 12-01-2009, 08:06 AM   #12
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Serena suspended 3 years from us opens

She's only banned if she misbehaves again. Follow quote from here.

Quote:
Babcock confirmed that Serena acted outrageously and violated the 'major offense' rule for aggravated behavior. For that, she was fined 82,500 dollars, and was also given a 3-year suspended ban from Grand Slam events. The 3-year suspended ban means that Serena will have to be on her best behavior till 2011 to avoid incurring the ban. Additionally, her fine will be double to $175,000 if she breaches the 'major offense' rule in any Grand Slam event till 2011.
I'm glad she got a reasonably sized fine now (I know it is still nothing for how much she earns).
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote