MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Do The Mods Think They're Gods?

View Single Post

Old 11-20-2009, 10:08 PM   #117
country flag Kart
Banned!

Kart has a reputation beyond reputeKart has a reputation beyond reputeKart has a reputation beyond reputeKart has a reputation beyond reputeKart has a reputation beyond reputeKart has a reputation beyond reputeKart has a reputation beyond reputeKart has a reputation beyond reputeKart has a reputation beyond reputeKart has a reputation beyond reputeKart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do The Mods Think They're Gods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prima donna View Post
Shall I prepare your bib and utensils as well ?
You can do that as well if you feel the need to serve me, after you answer the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
For about the twentieth time, I think that is why they call it ''non-tennis.''

I am surprised at the number of people who suggest going elsewhere and keep insisting that this is a forum exclusively for tennis. Do you think the non-tennis section should be dropped, or maybe there should be controls on the thread subjects?

Sorry that you worry about me, but I actually post a lot of non-political stuff and I also fully participate in the contests. I also like knowing that what I discuss in non-tennis is being discussed with other tennis fans. Politics is not such a big deal for me, I have no desire to go to an all-political site. This could be the perfect place, but unfortunately some people want have the site tailored to their specifications, instead of having open discussion.

I play tennis, I watch tennis, I follow tennis results. What I do not do is chat about who is best, who is worst, who is the most handsome. So General Messages is not my cup of tea.
Surely your forum moderators are here also though because they are interested in tennis ?

The fact that this is a primarily tennis message board is important. The reason for that is not that people shouldn't talk about other topics but that the moderators are also here because their primary interest is tennis.

So they may not be as interested in non-tennis topics or indeed the finer points of certain political discussions. However, they still have to read and respond to complaints about them as it is part of their responsibilities to maintain some kind of order.

Again, this comes down to expectation. Were this a political board, your grievance would be more valid. However it is not and, more importantly, it is not claiming to be.
Kart is offline View My Blog!