MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Do The Mods Think They're Gods?

View Single Post

Old 11-17-2009, 01:38 AM   #68
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do The Mods Think They're Gods?

OK, but you did suggest that you would not expect to find a Fort Hood thread on a tennis forum.

And I was not at all asking for the thread to be reinstated. I was dumbfounded by Peta Pan's logic, whereby making offensive posts in a thread is good reason to delete a thread. She made no mention of punishment for the offending posters. I don't know if that ever happened before.
So I suppose I was asking what prompted her to pick this thread for deletion and not those threads with an equal or greater content of offending posts. Seems to me she left the door open by setting a precedent whereby an offending post in a thread is enough to delete the entire thread.

So all in all I think she is damaging MTF. When she states that she applies the rules of general messages to non-tennis, she leaves me dumbfounded, given that she thinks that posts of a political nature are akin to time bombs and should be avoided, so as not to offend. How could she be a moderator of a non-tennis forum with views like this? Of course, the same rule says that bad language is not allowed and she chooses to ignore this part.

You suggest I walk away. That may happen, but first I would rather raise my voice in defense of the forum and try not have it destroyed by the kind of selective politically correct thinking that would silence just about everyone.