MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The official Nico Lapentti's cheering thread!

View Single Post

Old 11-15-2009, 04:19 PM   #579
country flag Nastasie

Nastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The official Nico Lapentti's cheering thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by takuma View Post
really you guys think it was a nice season for him?i beg to differ
he lowered his rank, had too many 1st round loses...he was even about to quit tennis, as he was so disappointed with his performances
thank god his brilliant fight in the DCup gave him new energy and the spirit to carry on!
and as of challengers - it's cool that he's winning, but imo defeating players like Poerschke shouldn't be taken as a great achievement
but of course it's a good thing that Nico still has the will to fight and the mentality of a winner!
anyways, hope next year he'll be in great shape and back to his high-leveled tennis
wish him all the best
Well, yes, his season was pretty bad for the most part. But I think the way he turned it around totally made up for it.

You have to remember that he's 33. And challengers are tougher than they look: you win a whole tournament and get, like, around 70 points? It's hard even for young guys to stay motivated, so the fact that he did so well now really shows he got his motivation back. Also, with this win, he's guaranteed in the main draw at the AO, I believe.

So here's hoping he makes the best of his farewell season next year.
Nastasie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote