MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Tribute: Your favourite Pics of Marat!

View Single Post

Old 11-12-2009, 11:15 PM   #10
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tribute: Your favourite Pics of Marat!

With Marat retiring, I'd been hoping to see some rare older pics to surface on the internet, and lo and behold Championat.ru have assembled some here. They're not especially rare but they're large, fairly hi-res and free of Reuters watermarks! Once the pics is in scroll view, click to enlarge.

Here's one of my absolute faves, 18 year old Marat at Roland Garros after beating Guga in the second round. According to this interview, at 6'4" Marat weighed only 178 at the time, which is a rather weedy BMI of 21.7. Bless him.

01 December 2002, Davis Cup champions, after Youzhny's win over PHM.
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote