MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Laurynas Grigelis (LTU)

View Single Post

Old 11-04-2009, 04:52 PM   #19
country flag Dalx

Dalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Laurynas Grigelis (LTU)

Google translation from www.futuretalent.it:

Quote:
It is fashionable to the Grigio (Gray)
Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Here is the article that appeared today in the newspaper 'L'Eco di Bergamo', which celebrate the great year of Laurynas Grigelis capable of a leap of 965 places in ATP rankings from January to today.

To think that they call it the Grigio. But it is only a matter of assonance with the name, because he, the Lithuanian Brusaporto Laurynas Grigelis behind that nickname that evokes the color commonly associated with mediocrity hiding spot of a strong personality is not common for his 18 years. And without raising his voice, because if one has something to say are not the decibels that give weight to his parole.

Grigelis, indeed, what he has to say it is saying especially in the field: climbing 965 positions in the world ranking January to now (currently number 595) scrape ATP points in every corner of the world and on any surface (he still prefers the fast indoor). He won the tournament in Wrexham (Wales), but others are, after all, benefits that have made it clear to him, his coach William Rota and his patron Stefano Vitale (which heads the Future Talent, the company that manages the club Brusaporto and its players rush: Grigelis, the ATP number 219 Andrea Stoppini and number 660 Falgheri Andrea).

At Eckental Challenger in Germany Grigelis defeated Irish Louk Sorensen, 337 in the world: one that last summer in Davis Cup has brought in the fifth set the Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis, finalist at the Australian Open 2006. In Binghamton, the U.S., he redeems a tour of overcoming the negative Polish Jerzy Janowicz, number 229 in the world who beat Stoppini in qualifying at the U.S. Open and in Marseilles surrendered to Andreas Seppi 7-6 only to terzo.

Grigelis knows that difficult to get now, if you want to crown his dreams in the long run ("get among the top 10 in the world and win a Slam, any") and its objectives in the short to medium term: "To be among the 400 in late 2010, but I will try to get between 250 to be able to play qualifying at the U.S. Open".

Not bad for someone who comes from a country without traditions ( "but we are growing") torn to basketball, national sport in Lithuania, father Stanislovas, who sent him from 6 years on a tennis court, after reading an ad in the paper of Klaypeda. From Under 14 he was among the top 30 in Europe and won the continental title double with Vadim Pinko. "Then, five years ago, his coach Valdone Povilioniene dropped everything (" I saw her recently, quite by chance, a tournament in Turkey, where she played one of the Over 45 ") and the decision to move to Italy: first at the center of Mongodi Cividino (the country where they still live, joined by Mom Aukse and Dad Stanislovas) and then, from September 2008, Brusaporto.

Grigelis remains deeply tied to its roots, so as to have renounced Italian citizenship who also might get without problems: "I will one day - he explains - if the government of Lithuania will allow dual passports. But I am Lithuanian and rest. Even in small things. In Italy I appreciate everything, tarting with the climate and the kitchen, but my favorite dish remains the cepelinai, potatoes stuffed with meat. A poor man's dish, when I talk about all my friends tease me. But for me it is a symbol of my childhood, my roots. Although I like travel the world. Of course, playing tennis."

Piero Vailati
Dalx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote