MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Need advice on killing short high balls

View Single Post

Old 11-02-2009, 11:37 PM   #10
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need advice on killing short high balls

It can be difficult hitting high balls for certain grips, even if it just sitting there like a flailing duck. If you can't change your grip the only real possible solution is to allow it to drop. Because if the ball is "killable" when up high, I don't see why it isn't "killable" when it drops low enough for you to destroy it. You could always pull a Federer and fake when you are about to hit it by allowing it to drop. If you are in the top echelon of players in your area, chances are they will try to guess which way you are going to hit when you are setting up for a clean winner allowing you to wrong foot them. I mean if Federer can do this to the point where it seems unfair at the professional level, I'd bet you can do it as well