MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - In the Spotlight YOU! - 2013/2014 Edition - New questions! Post 59!

View Single Post

Old 10-25-2009, 03:41 PM   #22
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In the Spotlight - You!

What caused you to join MTF?

I can't exactly remember, but I think it must have been after Fed lost to Fish in 2008. That's my earliest memory of lurking in this forum. I joined when I saw an annoying comment and I thought I had to respond. It took a little while though for my account to be accepted.

Which are your favourite tennis players and why do you like them?

Tim Henman will always have a special place in my heart. He won the first full tennis match that I sat through and I loved his style.

Out of the active players, it's:

Federer (love almost everything about him ), Gasquet (backhand, crappy forehand, English accent, his Frenchiness, headcasyness), Wawrinka (his powerful backhand, his motion on serve and he's Swiss and has a nice butt ), Ancic (his volleys and many memorable matches), Baghdatis (his shotmaking, spirit on court and contagious/infectious smile), Chardy (his forehand and him), Tsonga (all court player, a big forehand, explosive and simply entertaining to watch), Soderling, Pim Pim (my Swedish bias coming through but both are fun to watch generally), Chiudinelli (a talented player whose ranking hadn't done him much justice until recently, in the top 100 now), Haas, Nishikori, Lammer, Ferrero, Nieminen, ...

...Bogdanovic.

Other players I like to watch but not necessarily a so called "fan" of: Djokovic, Gulbis, Youzhny, Cilic, Zverev, Ferrer, Safin.

What are your 10 favourite songs?

These kind of questions are so hard to answer. I really struggle to list them... but I can list what I'm currently listening to and loving.

Keane - Bad Dream
Regina Spektor - Samson, Laughing With, Blue Lips, Lady
Paloma Faith - Play On
Paolo Nutini - Last Request
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
KT Tunstall - Under the Weather
Florence and the Machine - Drumming
The Big Pink - Dominos
John Mayer - Bold as love
Fugees - Killing me Softly

What is your philosophy of life in general?

You will never achieve what you never begin.

^^^ That doesn't mean I follow it.

What are your best and worst traits?

My worst traits are that I procrastinate a lot and I don't learn from it. I don't necessarily leave it to the last minute but it's enough to make me stress out like never before each time. I'm quite shy in public - that has cost me a few times: not being able to say what's on my mind and then regretting it. Oh and the feeling of regret is another bad trait - I go through every day thinking it was wrong to do this and that. I think indecisiveness is another bad trait of mine.

Good traits? I like to think of myself as a trustworthy and an honest person. I think I have good ears and I like to listen.

If you had to recommend a book(s) and a movie(s) to other people, which would they be?

I've read a lot of books that I'd like to reccomend people, but the story of loyalty (amongst other things) in The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini left me crying at one stage. A recent book that I've read and liked is The Girl in Times Square by Paula Simons.

Movies? Just watch the Bourne series (action at its finest) and your life will be complete. It's not my favourite as such but I love that trilogy and Matt Damon is amazing.

What would you have written in your epitaph?

Here lies Nadine, sorry for not waking up.

Which other sports besides tennis are you a fan of?

A LOT of sports.

Formula 1 - love the unpredictability of it, the sound of those cars along straights, the drivers' intensity come crunch time, the overtaking, the spectacle, the incidents, the rain and the brilliance of one team and/or a driver throughout an entire season. And Kimi Raikkonen.

MotoGP [Dani Pedrosa], Football (soccer) [Arsenal, Sweden], Athletics [Carolina Kluft], Snooker [Ding, O'Sullivan], Swimming, Winter Sports, Boxing (my brother, a boxer, got me into that ) and so the list goes on and on.

The only sports I hate with a vengeance are cricket and bullfighting (if it's considered a sport ).

What countries would you like to visit and why?

Australia - so big, hot, colourful. Sydney

Italy - never been there - would like to go to Rome and Venice definitely.

Spain - I don't know why, but I'm studying Spanish so it would be appropriate to tour the country.

Egypt - So much history.

If you had one piece of advice to give to others, what would it be?

If it is not right do not do it, if it is not true do not say it.

Which are your favourite quotes?

"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow a mystery, Today? - A gift"

"The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart." - - Robert G. Ingersoll

What is that you most love and hate?

Love: My family, honesty, chocolate, music, new experiences, water, life.

Hate: Intolerance, fear, racism (or any -ism), cancer, fickleness, snails/slugs, dependence.

Last edited by Dini : 10-25-2009 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Adding what I forgot to initially add.
Dini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote