MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Do You Believe In A "God"?

View Single Post

Old 10-22-2009, 07:03 AM   #502
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
well those who value reason don't always end up being atheists now do they? and there is no clearer example than Einstein himself, the reason is atheism doesn't explain anything really, it brings more questions than solve them.

Einstein might not have believed in a personal God, but he believed in an intelligent design behind this universe, he didn't specify what shape or form this God took (and rightly so, because there is no way we can tell), but he firmly believed that this universe with all its complexity didn't come out of nothing or was just there all the time, that's what true objective intellegent reason will bring you to.

afterwards there are leaps of faith that you can take like Kierkegaard or Habib...

WTF?! where did I pretend he is theist? I was clearly stating that he was not an atheist all the time, where did I say he was an theist, and you call me a liar now? wow.

and how disputed?
Atheism isn't intended to explain anything. It's not a philosophy. Get that through your head.

You're impossible to reason with. Sometimes you get mad at people and want to hit them. I'm mad at you, but I don't want to hit you. I want to educate you. I want to sit you down and make you read a book. I want you to stop skimming through wikipedia for your information. I want you to actually know what you're talking about, rather than doing a google search, coming back 5 minutes later and then pretending.

It's pointless debating you. You were indoctrinated and raised from birth to be religious. It's all you know. Nothing will ever sway you. A book of fairytales is all the evidence you need. The most annoying part about this is that I won't be able to say "I told you so" once you realise that there is no God (and I state that with as much certainty as I'm willing to state anything), nor 72 virgins. Maybe there will be a couple of prostitutes instead. I'd settle for that.