MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - In the Spotlight YOU! - 2013/2014 Edition - New questions! Post 59!

View Single Post

Old 10-08-2009, 12:07 AM   #17
country flag Lemon Custard

Lemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In the Spotlight - You!

What caused you to join MTF?
My friends don’t like tennis, I wanted to keep up with tennis competition that isn’t covered on Australian television and I wanted to work on my French.

Which are your favourite tennis players and why do you like them?
Currently...
Richard Gasquet: His incredible backhand and I’m Australian, so I’m genetically predisposed to love an underdog.
Lleyton Hewitt: The epic long matches that have kept me in Rod Laver Arena until all hours of the morning and his feisty never say die attitude.
Chris Guccione: I go out of my way to watch him at the Aus Open every year in the faith that this year is gonna be the one. So far... not so good. We’ll get there eventually!
There are many more, but eh..

What are your 10 favourite songs?
I generally work in favourite albums rather than individual songs, so this question took me a long long time and the answers are likely to change in about 20 minutes. In no particular order...
Something Corporate - Punk Rock Princess
Radiohead - Karma Police
Doesn’t matter who - Gethsemane (from Jesus Christ Superstar)
Deftones - Be Quiet and Drive
Finch - What is to Burn
Rufus Wainwright - Hallelujah
Matchbox 20 - You Won’t Be Mine
Meat Loaf - Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad
Glenn Miller (doesn’t matter who is singing it) - Serenade in Blue
Anthony Warlow (NOT Josh Groban!) - Anthem (from Chess)

What is your philosophy of life in general?
I don’t really have one and I’m starting to think that’s my problem...

What are your best and worst traits?
I’m both outspoken and shy at the same time, so people think I’m being rude when I’m just nervous, and as a consequence, very few people understand where I’m coming from. I honestly don’t know about good traits. I have an intense need to tell a good and accurate story, I guess, so that’s why I’m in theatre and dramaturgy...

If you had to recommend a book(s) and a movie(s) to other people, which would they be?
Book: John Berger - And Our Faces, My Heart, Brief as Photos. Because it changed the way I look at life.
Movie: Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Because it describes me better than I could possibly describe myself. I feel like I’m on stage all the time.

What would you have written in your epitaph?
Amy - It's ok, no one else understood her either...

Which other sports besides tennis are you a fan of?
(Australian) Basketball, Formula 1, V8 Supercars...

What countries would you like to visit and why?
France, Italy, Switzerland, Spain, Greek Islands. I’d also like to explore my own country a little bit more.

If you had one piece of advice to give to others, what would it be?
Suck it up and get it done. No one is cute when they whinge.

Which are your favourite quotes?

"If you're playing a poker game and you look around the table and can't tell who the sucker is, it's you."
- Paul Newman.

"The river is everywhere at once, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the rapids, in the sea, in the mountains, everywhere at once, and that there is only the present time for it, not the shadow of the past, not the shadow of the future"
- Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha.

What is that you most love and hate?

Love: Honesty, reliability, my friends, my family. Sleep’s pretty freaking awesome too.
Hate: Intolerance, racism, misunderstanding, assumptions, ignorance and really really stupid people.

Last edited by Lemon Custard : 12-30-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Lemon Custard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote