Arno struggles a lot on his service game. He has not the rythm of course and at the moment Sitak will hold his serves it will be tough to stay in that match
. A kind of translation of the article.
Open Metz: "Above all, find my game"
Often injured, now far away in the world rankings Arnaud Clement arrives in Metz with one goal: refound a correct tennis.
METZ._ loyalty personified. Since he put in his pocket the first Open de Moselle in 2003 Arnaud Clement has not missed a single edition of the tournament in Lorraine. There was no reason he can not answer the call of Julien Boutter except that this time he must pass through the "qualifies". In a morose season marred by several physical problems "la clé" now points to a very modest 136th place in the ATP.
His record in 2009? on major: one of 32 final at the Australian Open and Roland Garros, a first round at Wimbledon (lost to Del Porto, anyway ...) and a loss in the U.S. Open qualies.
At 31 year-old the former world N10 (April 2001) doesn't loose the piece. Yesterday between a glance at the Netherlands - France Davis Cup and "District 9" in the cinema with his pal Nicolas Mahut he admitted that at the moment he thought only one thing: finding a correct level and finish on a better note this season very dull.
- Arnaud firstly a point on your health
- Simply everything is fine now! The tendinitis in my elbow long time trailed is just a bad memory and I don't feel no more the blocking back that forced me to withdraw from double in the U.S. Open. Now that I'm OK, I hope to be quiet on that way.
- You return to familiar ground in Metz
- Here I have my bearings and many good memories. I won singles but also three times in doubles (Editor's note: with Nicolas Mahut in 2004 and with Michael Llodra in 2007 and 2008). On this court I even won a Davis Cup tie so I'm always happy to play here. Now I must play well!
- At what clinches you when you fall in ranking?
- I like tennis that's all! Recently I had a lot of physical troubles which made me lose my game it was an overall decrease of my level of tennis but I don't give up.
- To return to the Open de Moselle you're set specific goals?
- Not in terms of results. I first want to find good feelings. I don't know my opponent (Editor's note: Russian Sitak, he faces today) but I focus only on my performance. And then I also align myself in double with Nicolas (Editor's note: Mahut) and that really count into my heart. But really my goal here as indeed for the rest of the season is getting better in terms of play and grow in ranking of course.