MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Frank Dancevic

Thread: Frank Dancevic
View Single Post

Old 08-27-2009, 04:29 PM   #635
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frank Dancevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzil View Post
There was a long pause towards the end of the 2nd set - I was presuming a medical timeout. Dancevic then held serve but went on to lose the next 6 or 7 games. I was assuming he must have been injured. But who knows?
At this point in his career I think we can't keep looking at injuries as an excuse. I think a lot has to be in Frank's head, whether motivation or some factor mental block. He's had several opportunities to breakthrough and become a top 50 to 75 player in the world, but he follows every solid result up with terrible play for 6 months. This happens every year. Consistency is simply not Frank's strong point.

In my opinion he'll be playing qualifiers for the slams the rest of his career. Will be interesting to see how long it takes Polansky to overtake him as top Canadian player. Its too bad, because Frank has the talent to be a top 50 player.
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote