MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Qualifying Draw

Thread: Qualifying Draw
View Single Post

Old 08-26-2009, 04:21 AM   #29
country flag clever1980

clever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qualifying Draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooCooCachoo View Post
No problem. I hope you'll have fun! Please report back, would love to read some of your observations.

Thanks CooCooCachoo. Saying I had fun would be understatement. It was more than great. First time to the Qualies for me.

From your list, I started my day with Amatraj and Falla's match. I would have stayed for this match if it was up to me but we moved on to Peter Polansky and Alex Kuznetsov. First set was very competitive, but Alex went down too quickly after losing the first set in tie-break. He broke his racquet after the match was over.

I couldn't follow your third match of the day suggestion because I had to see Marco. He certainly was the better player of the match. Many of Joao Souza's service game went to , 0-30, deuce or more but Marco only had 1 break in each set to finish it.

Your match of the day choice didn't disappoint in the first set. Malisse is a great character. He was speaking to himself almost entire first set. There was a line call disagreement with the Umpire and with the line girl during the tie break. Right before the second set started, he spit out the gum he was chewing onto the court and he looked at either the line lady (who was responsible for the disputed line call) or the audience before him “Do you want gum? Then he picked it back up and threw it away. His concentration went away in second set but somehow he came back to break at 4 all and won the second set. Then I left to go check whether Grigor Dimitrov match had started for 10-15 mins. When I came back to Malisse's match, it wasn't pretty for him. He lost it entirely. Zeballos has some lovely drop shots.

My last match choice was Grigor's. But disappointingly, they had moved the match to a different court and when I found out it was already over. I did get a glimpse of Scoville Jenkins and Hrbaty match. Jenkins really outpowered Hrbaty. And Michael McClune and Todd Widom's first set tiebreak was quite intense..

Saw a few practicing players, Soderling, Llodra, Karlovic, F. Lopez.

Here it is, my trip. Thanks for helping me out. I might come back and ask for your suggestion again next year.

Last edited by clever1980 : 08-26-2009 at 04:32 AM.
clever1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote