MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - More News

Thread: More News
View Single Post

Old 08-10-2009, 03:11 AM   #180
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More News

Short news on Andre from Romanian female tennis player

Andre Agassi still has the strokes, says Sorana Cirstea
6:32 PM, August 8, 2009

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...a-cirstea.html

Sorana Cirstea couldn't overcome her aching foot or the powerful and steady serving of Samantha Stosur Saturday afternoon, losing her L.A. Women's Open semifinal 6-3, 6-2. But Cirstea, a 19-year-old from Romania, was excited to speak about some time she spent training in Las Vegas with Gil Reyes, Andre Agassi's former trainer, and Darren Cahill, Agassi's one-time coach.

"It was 115 degrees or something outdoors," Cirstea said. "At the beginning I couldn't breathe. I was actually hitting with Andre. His balls are going so deep and he is playing so well and he is so fit, I think he can still play at this moment. He was trying to tell me a few things, but I was so excited to be on court with him."

Agassi is married to Cirstea's tennis idol, Steffi Graf. "I remember watching Steffi on TV, so to see her face-to-face was a great thing," Cirstea said.

-- Diane Pucin

Video: Sorana Cirstea talks about her injury facing Samantha Stosur, Andre Agassi. Credit: Mario Aguirre / Los Angeles Times
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote