MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - U.S. Open Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated August 30, 2009)

View Single Post

Old 07-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #10
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U.S. Open entry list (updated July 21, 2009)

I have a question because I have a doubt about how exactly this case was dealt usually for the rankings :

imagine that Nishikori (first alternate) is proposed to get in thanks to a withdrawal.
Considering he's not fit enought he declines this proposal.

Can he count one more optional tournament in his rankings or not ?

In my memories usually players in that case could still count one more optional tournament.

But maybe my memories are wrong.

Especially the rulebook says :

Quote:
For every Grand Slam or mandatory ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament
for which a player is not in the main draw, and was not (and, in the case of a Grand
Slam, would not have been, had he and all other players entered) a main draw direct
acceptance on the original acceptance list, and never became a main draw direct
acceptance
, the number of his results from all other eligible tournaments in the ranking
period, that count for his ranking, is increased by one
Maybe the fact that in my memories these players could count one more optional result is related with the fact that these players were proposed to become a main draw direct acceptance but declined the proposal before really becoming a main draw direct acceptance.

I just ask here because I have a doubt right now, and I would like a precise answer from Smucav or Judio or other, to keep it in my archives (since my memories are not always reliable ).