MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - DC QF ISR v. RUS: Sela def. Youzhny 3-6 6-1 6-0 7-5

View Single Post

Old 07-11-2009, 06:12 PM   #45
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DC QF ISR v. RUS: Sela def. Youzhny 3-6 6-1 6-0 7-5

A lot of people have their eyebrows raised by the score of those middle sets. Dudi played sublime in the 2nd and especially the 3rd, it looked like he was hypnotizing the ball or something. Nobody short of the top 4 would have stopped him playing at this level.
And as for the 4th - I'm not an optimist, but wasn't worried for a second when he was 0-3 down. He has gifted Youzhny a break from 0-1 *40-15 with his only momentary lapse of the match, but outplayed him on every phase of the game, and breaking back was never in doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm View Post
And here i taught he was finally getting back to some form

That would be Israeli's first semi in DC?
Israel has only previously been once in Davis QF, and that was in 1987 (upset Czechoslovakia with Mecir and Novacek, on the road, to get there, then lost 0-4 to India who went on to achieve a shocking win in Australia (Cash and co.) and lost in the finals to France of Forget and Leconte).
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote