MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - AQ's Cheering Thread: Going to Sectionals

View Single Post

Old 07-02-2009, 01:20 PM   #1
country flag Angle Queen
Mom 2 2 Beauties

Angle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond repute
Default AQ's Cheering Thread: Going to Sectionals

Ok...if you guys can have one, so can I.

After many years on the comeback trail (two babies and such ), I've hooked up with a team that's headed to our USTA District Championships next weekend (July 10-12).

Luckily, I've played with many of these ladies before, have my regular doubles partner on the team too. As a team, we kicked some serious butt here locally. Swept our flight with four 5-0 match wins (including one over the other til-then undefeated team in our flight). We lost a total of four individual matches all season long.

So guys (and the few other gals that roam here)...cross your fingers for me/us as we head into the tournament. It'll invariably be hot, hotter than hell actually. Heat management is a significant issue and they usually even have medical staff there. Last time I was there (many moons ago and definitely pre-mommy), the on-court thermometer was way past the 120F mark and several players were carted off to the hospital for IVs.

I'll keep you posted.

Last edited by Angle Queen : 07-23-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Angle Queen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote