MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Michael Jackson dead after cardiac arrest

View Single Post

Old 06-26-2009, 03:46 PM   #153
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael Jackson dead after cardiac arrest

I was wondering if Paul McCartney would release a statement or not. He and Jackson had a famous falling out years ago after MJ bought the Beatles catalog and as far as I know they never reconciled. Jackson, even though he was a "boy man", was also a ruthless businessman who burned a lot of bridges.

McCartney says:
"I feel privileged to have hung out and worked with Michael. He was a massively talented boy man with a gentle soul. His music will be remembered forever and my memories of our time together will be happy ones."
I wonder what Brooke Shields, Emmanuel Lewis, and Macaulay Culkin will say, if anything? And Diana Ross and Elizabeth Taylor too?

Corey Feldman was on Larry King last night, he said he felt that MJ preferred being with children because he felt no pressure to perform around them and they didn't expect anything from him other than love. His statement:
"I come to you today with great sadness, acknowledging the loss of the greatest entertainer in the history of mankind. For me he was more than that, he was my idol, he was a role model, he was someone to cry to when my childhood was unbearable, he was a brother, he was a dear friend."

"Unfortunately Michael and I had a falling out on Septenmber 10th 2001 and that broken friendship had never been repaired. I have stayed close with his family through the years. As a matter of fact my wife and I attended LaToyas birthday thrown by Janet 3 weeks ago on Susie's actual birthday. Michael was supposed to be there and we were supposed to try and talk things out. Michael didn't show because he was stuck in rehearsals for his upcoming tour.

I am trembling and shaking at the moment and it is very hard to type. I am filled with tremendous sadness and remorse. All I choose to remember from this point is the good times we shared and what an inspiration he was to me and the rest of the world. Nobody will ever be able to do what Michael Jackson has done in this industry, and he was so close to doing it all again. I am truly, and deeply sorry for all of the heartbroken fans and supporters worldwide. I think I am still in shock. So I must end this now."
John Landis was yet another man who had a falling out with MJ:

John Landis Calls the Man He Sued 'Tragic'
We just got a statement from John Landis -- the man who directed Michael Jackson for the "Thriller" and "Black and White" videos. It's somewhat harsh -- not surprising, because Landis has an active lawsuit against Jackson, claiming the singer stiffed him over profits for the Broadway musical of "Thriller."

Landis says, "I was lucky enough to know and work with Michael Jackson in his prime. Michael was an extraordinary talent and a truly great international star. He had a troubled and complicated life and despite his gifts, remains a tragic figure. My wife Deborah and I will always have great affection for him."
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 06-26-2009 at 04:54 PM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote