MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Ozone's Tournament Cheering Thread

View Single Post

Old 06-24-2009, 05:39 PM   #29
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scott (Ozone)'s Tournament Cheering Thread

Hey guys. Jeff, thanks for the updates, I guess you went on USTA website. In my first round match, I came out surprisingly fresh and hitting my shots. I was pleased with the everything, especially my one-handed backhand, which I constantly placed heavy and deep in the corner, just like Wawrinka's. I ended with a 1 and 1 win over a Tennessee kid.

My next round was against a familiar opponent who is ranked slightly higher than me in the state. I got off to a bad start as he ripped every forehand he saw. I was down 2-5, and finally began to focus on how I needed to play. I broke him and served at 3-5, and suddenly faced 2 set points as we went to deuce. I hit big serves those points and held. At 4-5, I had to take an emergency medical timeout. After that 15 minute interval, he served for the set. The long break affected him much more than me surprisingly, as I broke easily and grinded out another deuce service game to go ahead 6-5. I closed that set out playing much better and with momentum.
In the 2nd set, he was obviously very mad and slamed every forehand he saw. This actually worked as he got up 2-0. Later, he found himself with another lead at 4-2. I grinded back again, however, setting up points nicely by hitting to his backhand then going to his forehand as he tried to run around everything. It was an ugly but solid win that I made tougher than it needed to be.

DOUBLES:
We didnt get a round 1 bye like a few other non-seeds, but we opened with an easy win. My partner crushed every forehand from the baseline while I poached my way all over the net. 8-1 win.

In the next round, we faced a tougher team. One kid had a HUGE serve while the other had a nice doubs game. We came back from 2 love-40 games to get up 4-2. We sailed the rest of the way against a good team for a great win.

The next round we played a very talented and powerful team that was seeded. We made some good shots but didnt have our best game. We lost 8-2 losing most of the big points.

Singles: The seeds came in Monday off of their byes. I faced another familiar opponent who I was excited to play as I was one of the few of my friends left in the main draw. The first set was a disaster however, as I missed routine shots that couldn't have come at a worse time. After the bagel, my serve got slightly better and I got at love service game. I had game points in the next 2 games but I lost them both, still not on the top of my game. He closed out the match with more deuce games that I dropped. I was pretty mad knowing that if I was playing with my best game, I could have won the match, no doubt. But instead I played extremely poorly with one of my worst matches.

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote