MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Live match threads in GM

View Single Post

Old 06-18-2009, 10:29 AM   #53
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Live match threads in GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Clydey, don't give me this fabricated nonsense, you know exactly what it's going to happen. Basically GM will be more of a spamfest for Nadal, Federer, Murray and Djokovic matches.

Building up strawmen, far from it, not my fault people are lazy and don't use the facilities that are already in place. Or are you going to tell me that there aren't places to talk about the matches already in place.

When you created your account did you agree to the terms and conditions of the site or not ?

Considering there are more pressing issues with site, like doing a major upgrade so it's able to handle traffic during busy times and actually give the paying members some value for money, this particular issue is a non-issue.

You need to argue like a junkie needs smack, so I am being generous.
Yes, I agreed to the terms and conditions. Should we just scrap and feedback and suggestions forum, then? I mean, we all agreed to the terms and conditions. Therefore, there's no need to have this forum. Constructive criticism is out of the question. And yes, I do know exactly what's going to happen. People are going to be able to chat about ANY match that interests them while it's being played in a lively atmosphere. They won't be discussing a match with one man and his dog. If someone wants to discuss a Federer match, fine. If someone wants to discuss Rochus vs. Cipolla, that's fine too.

And yes, there are places to discuss matches. They are deliberately tucked away so as to cut down on traffic. Like I said before, every objection you have raised is still applicable to the tournament forums. Not a single one of your concerns is addressed by having live match discussions in the tournament forums. The potential for every problem still exists. If everyone suddenly migrated to the tournament forum, what would you do? You would have the same problems you would have had on GM. The only reason you want them in the tournament forum is because you know that's unlikely to happen and you know that no one is going to bother going there. They'll just go to Tennis Warehouse or some other forum to discuss matches.