MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Live match threads in GM

View Single Post

Old 06-18-2009, 08:51 AM   #46
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Live match threads in GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogotheorist View Post
I tried starting a live match thread in a tournament forum once; got about three nibbles. No fun; gave that up. Then did a search when a big Murray match was on, to see where the action was - turned out to be on a chat thread inside the Rafa subforum of the Spanish Armada forum (though I have a feeling Rafa wasn't the other player).

So at present you can brave the chill in the tournament subforum, or hunt through chat threads for actual discussion; but it's almost an underground thing. Of course it's inhibiting match discussion that would happen, and would be a major part of the site's activity, if facilitated. The argument of sparing the servers is pretty bizarre; is it actual MTF policy to discourage posting?.
My thoughts exactly. A forum should be looking to encourage discussion.