MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Live match threads in GM

View Single Post

Old 06-17-2009, 03:24 PM   #29
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Live match threads in GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
It depends on the fans, there are matches people are interested in that aren't televised and not solely for betting reasons . Or is it just because fans of the top 4 only count?
Nice job twisting my words. That certainly wasn't what I said.

I said that most people are only interested in a select few matches. You only get so many WWW threads per round. You don't get a WWW thread for every match in the draw. Allowing live discussion won't randomly increase the number of WWW threads.

Quote:
Do you know why this is the case? There were people who didn't have gambling interests and wanted to follow the matches, then the posting of fake scores, jinxing and the colourful language, created the Gamblers Lounge, which works very well.

Now the ones who were there, follow in their own fan forums or whatever reasons don't bother with it, but the tournament forums are there and it goes back to what I said earlier, you wouldn't expect me to piss on your carpet, when there is a functional toilet in the next room would you.

I am not in charge of any decision that gets taken on this matter. As for the servers I didn't purchase them either, but that's another issue.

As for what I posted about one sticky thread being it a compromise, it's actually commonsense. Whose fault is it that they are too lazy to talk about respective matches in tournament forums.
I don't think it's common sense. I think it's common sense to use the threads that already exist. It's a good compromise, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend that it's a better idea. It's better for the moderators, since it's easier to moderate. It's not necessarily better for the posters, who perhaps want to discuss a specific match. But hey, I'm not a moderator around here. I just think this could improve the forum. I think it would be a great thing for GM.

As for people fucking around with fake scores, well that's what infractions and bans are for.