MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Grass Season 2009

View Single Post

Old 06-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #36
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grass Season 2009

Even with the rain i hope your sunday was good

Let's talk about Arno now Is still tennis player i think ? Very long rain delay. Arno should have started his match around 1 PM but only started at 6 PM after a first apparition on scoreboard at 4.00 PM. So I assume he was made nervous by the wait but it's not a reason to loose like that against Kunitsyn . In first set Arno missed 2 BP at 2-1 to be broken the following game and after I wondered if he was still on court ??? He was broken an other time by love and Igor finished the set with his third love game of the set. From 2-1 to 2-6 in 29 minutes losing 8 points in a row. I didn't follow the second set but it was also very poor according the stats.

He had a lovely draw Rosmalen and made an amazingly poor match or Igor played the match of his life on grass . As i said before the problem is not losing but the way he lost. Today the conditions was not easy but the same for both players and Arno has been ridiculous.

Since Barcelona it's hard to find things really positives in his game and now he must feel the pression of Wimbledon points . He repeats that he wants continu the tennis for a long time and has a lot of fun but the court since the middle of clay season says quite the opposite. He seems to be more and more passive on court and in a way he has lost a big part of his fighting spirit when he lost first set he's near of match loss. All that match vs Zverev, Cipolla, Ruben Ramirez or Rochus are his days.

He will 32 at the end of the year or i'm wondering what can be the fun for a former top 10 player GS finalist losing in little challengers while he could quiet at home . And what you do think he will do after retirement ? We can forgot trainer for the ballkids lol and i don't see him as a trainer but anyway he will continu to play even it's in a poor way. As long he will feel fit he will try.

Last edited by soulage : 06-14-2009 at 06:49 PM.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote