MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - •<• Grasscourt Season 2009 •>•

View Single Post

Old 06-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #12
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •<• Grasscourt Season 2009 •>•

Just a quick update, was at Paulo's match yesterday. I'm generally happy about his form at the moment, other than the game where he got broken in the 1st set which was quite inexplicable brain freeze with a couple of dumped FH's into the net, he played at a good level. His BH DTL was on fire and his FH was also consistent. Of course Pavel is not the player he was, he doesn't move so well and that meant Paulo could control the rallys better, but Pavel's BH is still really effective and kept him in the match. Paulo also served very well and I think he had 1 volley winner (maybe more ) as well.

I wasn't made uneasy/nervous at any point of the result, which is always a good sign. I really think he can have a good run here.

Some other observations:

- Paulo getting almost hit in the head by Pavel's volley and having to do an emergency duck (unfortunately I don't have footage of this to share ). This is why Paulo is really not just a sitting duck at net, he also is in some danger there.

- Paulo had quite a few loyal supporterswatching the match and cheering for him, I sat next to a few French people who had come to cheer for him. It was fun to not be his lone supporter at Queens for once and he really appreciated the support too, he waved at the end of the match to us (we were on the front row- opposite to the chairs- court 2 only has seats on this side), he never normally waves after matches. So that was nice. I missed his warmup though, so I haven't had a chance to speak with him yet. Hope to go back and see him tomorrow.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote