MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - > Pim Pim News and Articles <

View Single Post

Old 10-30-2004, 05:13 AM   #12
country flag crazzzy_grrl

crazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: > Pim Pim News and Articles <

Sick Johansson bows out
From correspondents in Stockholm
October 30, 2004

TEENAGE wildcard Michael Ryderstedt reached the semi-finals of the 632,750 euro ($1.08 million) Stockholm Open today when his Swedish countryman Joachim Johansson, the second seed, retired with a fever.

The 19-year-old had lost the first set, but was 5-3 up in the second when Johansson called it quits.

Johansson's illness handed the world No.237 a semi-final clash against 2000 champion, and fellow Swede, Thomas Johansson, who beat Romanian third seed Andrei Pavel 7-6 (7-4) 7-5.

Former champion Johansson overcame a strained foot, which required treatment in the first set, to make the last four.

The 2002 Australian Open winner, who missed all of 2003 with a knee injury, progressed to his fourth semi-final of his comeback season.

Tournament crowd-pleaser and top seed Andre Agassi made the semi-finals for the first time, 15 years after his first visit with a defeat of Spain's Fernando Verdasco 7-6 (7-4) 6-2.

Agassi, who first competed in the Swedish capital in 1989 as a teenager and stalled in the quarter-finals, was also unable to reach the final four on his last visit a decade ago.

The 34-year-old will attempt to gain ground in the chase for a place in the season-ending Masters Cup as he faces Tommy Haas.

The fourth-seeded German, the comeback story of this season after missing more than a year with shoulder surgery, advanced 6-3 7-6 (7-4) over Belgian Olivier Rochus.

Agassi and Haas have played twice this year, splitting back-to-back matches, with Haas taking victory on the way to a title in Los Angeles and Agassi a winner in Toronto.

"Today I served well and did other things well," said Agassi, 36-12 this year with a title in Cincinnati.

"It was a pair of difficult matches against Tommy over the (northern) summer. He's one of the best in the world."

The American holds a 5-3 lead in career meetings, which Haas is hoping to dent.

"We all know what Andre can do," said the holder of seven career titles.

"When he plays well, he's the top of the game, but I'm feeling comfortable with my game."

It doesn't say much about what was wrong with Pim Pim but i thought i'd post it for you all anyway
Or who I'm supposed to be
I don't want to be anything other than me
I don't wanna be ~ Gavin DeGraw

Footy's back C'mon WEST COAST
crazzzy_grrl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote