MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Roger news and articles

View Single Post

Old 06-06-2009, 05:07 AM   #254
country flag trickcy

trickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger news and articles

Thanks a lot for posting the interview, Mrs.B
I think it's a pretty good one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. B View Post

Q. Yourlast hit make you win the match and you go to the final on Sunday. Your last hit hit my camera really hardly.

ROGER FEDERER: I hit what?

Q. My camera. I was taking photo ofyou. I was in the hole behind thebaseline.

ROGER FEDERER: I hope you're okay (laughter.) Risky job.

Quote:
ROGER FEDERER: Don't have his phone number. I didn't see him here, but, I mean, we getalong well when we see each other. It isso rare, and it's usually once a year. Ijust guess it's common sense that, you know, when you've been at the top of thegame, for him and for me, that you relate and you like each other.

I'm very respectfultowards the older generation, you know, everything that they were able toachieve. You know, when people reach astatus like he did, you know, who get massive stadiums named after him and therespect that he gets from his other players. You only hear good things about him. A legend like he is, it's understood that I have the biggest respect forhim.

Q. He admires you greatly. I talkedto him the other day.

ROGER FEDERER: That's nice. Well, you have a connection. That's nice. I wish I had it.
I always like hearing him speak about the former players.

Quote:
Q. Will you not miss Rafa Nadal on Sunday?

ROGER FEDERER: No, not really. Not really. Maybe for you you're going to miss him, but not me.

Q. Well, this was like a meeting, a special appointment. It had been the case for three years.

ROGER FEDERER: Four years. Four years.
trickcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote