MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Interviews and Articles

View Single Post

Old 06-02-2009, 11:27 PM   #56
country flag kai.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interviews and Articles

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/ne...954153437.html

R. SODERLING/N. Davydenko

6‑1, 6‑3, 6‑1

An interview with:

NIKOLAYDAVYDENKO

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. How's your health?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Older feeling. What you mean, about match or you mean abouteverything?

Q. Well, take your pick. How aboutthe match?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: About match? I really don't know what I can say about match. He play well here first. Play very well. If I try to play well, he play much better.

But if I play not sogood, what I can say? I didn't playgood.

Q. You've had some trouble with him in the past, haven't you, playing him?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yeah. Maybe, yeah. I don't know why,but it's already three times I lost against him. I cannot show my best game. That's was surprising.

Maybe he have some, nottactic, but maybe he have some like tennis too fast for me, or maybe like heplay no topspin or he play faster or have better control. I really don't know.

All three times against him, I reallysurprising I cannot play. You know, andloss on clay courts all three times.

Q. Monte‑Carlo?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yeah.

Q. Maybe you need to play on grass. Are you looking forward to that?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yes, because first I need to make visit to England. I don't know if I reach there, you know,coming to the Wimbledon (laughing.)

But should be, yes,next week Queen's. We'll see if I canget visa.

Q. Do you think Robin has raised his level since you met him last time, orhe's a better play now, do you think?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yes. He surprising me. He play verywell. Like if I was try to play better,try to make some control from baseline, play some long rally, make sometopspin, he try play better along the line and make many winners.

I was surprising. He play faster. Today he play faster.

Q. Between Sunday and today, do you think maybe I can win the tournament?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Who?

Q. You.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Which tournament?

Q. The one you play here. I meanNadal lost, so maybe you think...

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I lost already. I cannot win the tournament anymore.

Q. Between Sunday and today.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Between Sunday and today? No, I didn't think about it. I was really happy come to quarterfinal here,and I really don't think about semifinal or final here.

Okay, now it's was notNadal or Djokovic, but some guys like Soderling play good. What I can do?

Q. Talk about your visa. What's theproblem?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Problem what?

Q. The visa, were you serious about that, getting a visa for England?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yeah, just ‑‑ no, it's no problem. I try and make last week. I should be have appointment, but I playedthree days in a row. If you remember, Ididn't finish my match and should have been next day play and I haveappointment.

Yeah, I pass my time,and now the holiday in EnglandMonday, and then, you know, try to do tomorrow. I know some players say I wait already 10 days hear about visa. And for me now I be in trouble.

If I go tomorrow, I should be receive myvisa end of next week. I don't know whatI can do. I should be play alreadyMonday Queen's.

And for us, like Russian, it'sreally, you know, important to try to do faster. I don't know if I can do this week to dosomething.

Q. Yourfoot is okay today?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Which one?

Q. Both feet.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Sometimes is right, sometimes is leftpainful. But, no, it's okay. It's okay.

Q. Did you talk about the game of Soderling? What surprised you in his game?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: He played faster. Just very ‑‑ I don't know, it was verygood control from baseline. Normally henever had like this.

Have good serve, makesome winners, but I try, you know, make some topspin, just make some longrally, but he just have control and make some winners.

Play very good topspin, like cross, and playvery fast. Always feeling always if hehit along line, across, by hitting balls by the line. I have no chance. I try run, but I'm not Nadal. Also like not possible for me.

Q. Hehits the ball flat or he hits the ball with topspin?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yeah, he was hitting flat and sometimes crosstopspin very well. I have nochance. It's was ‑‑ I don't know,it was different between. Against Verdasco playing today,different. Today different weather,balls much more faster, courts much faster.

It's not so hot, 25degrees, but feeling like ‑‑ I don't know, we play on hardcourt. For me it was fast.

Q. Tomorrow we have a big match for French people. It's Monfils against Federer. Who is the favorite for you? And explain if you select a player now.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I don't know now, because before favoriteNadal. Nadal lost. Djokovic lost. Federer should be losing yesterday match, butwon.

Federer was playingafter better. I don't know how heplay against Monfils, but favorite still I think Federer.

Q. When I hear you, it seems that the next opponent of Soderling has nochance against him. What can you say tohis next opponent? Good luck? Or what's your tactic or...

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: What's my tactic? Go home. (laughter.) Take a rest now. Just, I don't know. Prepare for grass tactic.

For Soderling? Well, I don't want to say nothing. Just good luck. If he play like this, I don't know. Depends against who he play. Because Murrayis also not so easy to beat him. He alsocan good running and still good control from baseline.

I don't think so can be easy match forSoderling for semis.

http://eltenisquenovemos.com.ar
kai. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote