MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Jan Michael Gambill

View Single Post

Old 10-28-2004, 10:37 PM   #54
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jan Michael Gambill

JMG tries to play doubles whenever he can. He and Graydon ended their partnership in 2003 because it got 'stale' to quote JMG and they just weren't winning together any more. They are still prety good friends and JMG was on the phone with GO almost everyday for a week or so back when the suspension was handed down in February. Right now his doubles ranking and his singles rankings are so low that he needs someone like Mahesh to get into the draw. (Add JMG's singles ranking to Mahesh's doubles ranking = less than 100 and that would get you into just about any doubles draw). I think he does prefer to play with one person as much as he can, but it doesn't always work out that way. That's true for most doubles players actually.

Elina has reported in from Stockholm. She says that JMG did play well and fight hard, but Joachim was just too tough. That was his last singles match this year, but he still has a doubles match on Friday and I hope he can play well again and win that match.
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote