MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Josselin Ouanna

Thread: Josselin Ouanna
View Single Post

Old 05-29-2009, 08:44 PM   #48
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Josselin Ouanna

Interview after the match (video on the website):

In French:
http://www.rolandgarros.com/fr_FR/ne...624622363.html

In English:
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/ne...623417875.html

Quote:
J. OUANNA/F. González

7‑5, 6‑3, 7‑5

An interview with:

JOSSELIN OUANNA

THE MODERATOR: Questions in French.

Q. You were pulling faces here, and what happened to you?

JOSSELIN OUANNA: Well, you know, my hamstrings were hurting a little. I used some cream that I applied on the muscles, and it seems to work well. But during the match, it was okay. I didn't suffer. It took me time to get into the match.

I was feeling better physically during the third set, but there's no connection between this and the fact that I lost the match.

Q. What about playing against one of the best world players on this surface?

JOSSELIN OUANNA: I was a bit frustrated, because during the first two sets I didn't really feel I was into the match. But then I could have won the third set, so that's why I'm slightly disappointed with the third set.

Yet, you know, my coach was not disappointed. He said, all in all, the match was good, correct. The results were 7‑5, 6‑3, 7‑5, so not bad. I was not in extremely good shape, but yet, the score is good.

So I think I still have to progress, but I'm on the right tracks.

Q. People usually say that Josselin doesn't know he's a good player. What do you think about that?

JOSSELIN OUANNA: Now I realize I can beat players like González, but with time, I'll probably win more victories. With these two rounds I'll realize a things. I'm okay. I lost today against this player, but look at the results. Not bad.

Even though it was not like I was playing like mad, I can still gain more trust.

Q. That's a nice tournament for you. What about your feelings? Could you try and sum up the situation?

JOSSELIN OUANNA: It's going to be a positive start. If months ago people told me I would beat these two players, that I would play two matches on the central court, I wouldn't have believed this. My ankle was hurt. I didn't know where I was standing physically speaking.

Physically I'm doing well, and even my tennis, it's okay. I'll have good memories of this year, this tournament. And this is it. It's going to be major matches for me, always good matches and a good tournament for me.

Q. What about the past 48 hours? How did you manage to overcome all these articles in the papers, the interviews?

JOSSELIN OUANNA: Well, I don't usually buy the press or read the press, the L'Equippe newspaper, for instance. I'll listen to the radio more. I was very much into the tournament. What counts for me is the next match to play. This is it. A big court, I wanted to do my best. That's all I did.

I didn't sleep enough at night, that's true. After my match against Safin, that's normal. It was late when we ended. But yesterday evening I could have rested more, perhaps.

Q. Do you think there's anything happening, perhaps with the sponsors?

JOSSELIN OUANNA: Frankly, I don't know. I don't know. I wouldn't say I'm in the dark. I don't know what's happening around me, but, you know, I'll go home every single evening, and that's all.

Some people are here to manage these things for me, and it's better. I didn't really realize this. I knew that, of course, I would have a number of people asking me questions if I were to go far in the tournament. But what I'm interested in is to finish the tournament, and then I'll see. We'll see later.

Q. What about Monfils, Tsonga, and others?

JOSSELIN OUANNA: No, that's over.

Q. What about playing doubles? Is that okay?

JOSSELIN OUANNA: Well, sort of. No, it was a bit difficult for me. This defeat, and then doubles, and then antidoping tests in between. I didn't have time to eat between the two.

It was not the best thing for me to enter the doubles this way. The team is excellent, and Jo was not ‑‑ you know, he was a bit pissed off with what had happened the day before. So it goes very quickly, you know.

Q. You know, what people say about you is that you are shy. You don't speak much is what they say. I don't have the impression it's the case.

JOSSELIN OUANNA: No, no, no, no, I'm not that shy, not that timid.

Q. What about your development?

JOSSELIN OUANNA: Well, it's okay. I don't have any relationship problems. It's the people who say that, and who knows? Well, I don't speak much. I'm not very talkative. That's true. It's not because I'm shy. I don't know. I don't know.

Q. What about the next steps in the season? Have some things changed? What about your status or position?

JOSSELIN OUANNA: Well, you know, in terms of my rankings,they're not going to change much, so I'll have to start again with the challengers. I'll have to play well in these challenger matches and do my best, and do this and this only.

Q. Will it not be too difficult for you to go back to this level?

JOSSELIN OUANNA: No, not really, because I'll be in the top100, I think. So if I win one tournament I'll be in the 100, and then that's when my program can change. Well, maybe the first tournament is going to be difficult, but my mindset is okay. I'll do my best not to play too many challengers.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote