MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2009 ATP Stats

Thread: 2009 ATP Stats
View Single Post

Old 05-26-2009, 02:08 PM   #5
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 ATP Stats

Week 20 Notes:
The Kitzbuhel final between Garcia-Lopez and Benneteau was the fifth longest match of the year, at 190 minutes.

Can anyone confirm the length of Kohlschreiber-Tsonga from Dusseldorf? The ATP has it at well over 3 hours, which would make it the slowest match of the year by a wide margin. So slow, in fact, that I have disregarded it. I have the same problem with Garcia-Lopez v. Vassallo Arguello in Kitzbuhel, which played a fairly normal # of points, but in just over 3 hours, according to the ATP scoreboard.

In Dusseldorf, Rainer Schuettler's collapse at the hands of Robin Soderling, 6-0, 6-0, was tied for the third shortest match of the season to date.

Dusseldorf also saw the highest first serve percentage of the season, as Andreev served 88.3% against Del Potro.

Chela's 96.7% first serve winning % against Ramirez-Hidalgo in Kitzbuhel put him at second-best.

A couple of strong first return performances this week, as Soderling took 70% of Schuettler's first serves in Dusseldorf, while Melzer took 64.9% of Gil's in Kitzbuhel. In fact, Soderling put up the second best return performance of the season in winning 73.5% of Schuttler's service points.

As you might expect, Soderling's double-bagel of Schuettler was a huge blowout, the second biggest on tour this season.

Schuettler was also involved in a match with an identical # of points scored between the two players, when he split 50-50 with Troicki in the WTC final. This was the first such match of the year that ended in two sets.
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote