MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Having trouble playing against flat hitters!

View Single Post

Old 05-26-2009, 01:44 AM   #11
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Having trouble playing against flat hitters!

Honestly when I play against players who hit very flat I try to take them out of their comfort zone by playing a lot of slice backhands and just try to play deep and consistent with my forehand. Playing slice backhands to them is the most logical approach to their game because it is basically psychics you are dealing with here. You aren't going to be able to surpass psychics and hit low floating balls flat and think that they are going to go over the net and drop like topspin does. The only way they can counter this is either take pace off so gravity can take into effect earlier or actually play with topspin and both situations are winners for you.
HKz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote