MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - > Pim Pim News and Articles <

View Single Post

Old 10-27-2004, 01:03 AM   #8
country flag crazzzy_grrl

crazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: > Pim Pim News and Articles <

This is from http://foxsports.news.com.au

Johansson happy to be home
From correspondents in Stockholm
October 27, 2004

JOACHIM JOHANSSON took the first step towards a potential final with Andre Agassi today, defeating Adrian Garcia 6-4 6-2 in the Stockholm Open.

The first-round win for the 22-year-old 11th-ranked big-hitter led the way for compatriot and fellow seed Robin Soderling.

The No.6 seed dismissed three-time champion and compatriot Thomas Enqvist 7-6 (7-4) 6-3 as the Swedish game sees a generational shift in its power base.

Johansson is enjoying a week of playing at home, sleeping in his own bed rather than a hotel room.

"I've been a bit sick for the past two weeks but I'm feeling much better now," said the second seed.

"I got off to a good start with an early break and was able to focus on my own service games. I'm satisfied with my game, but there are a few things I'd like to improve."

Soderling took his third win of 2004 against the 30-year-old Enqvist.

Soderling, who lifted his first career title in Lyon this autumn, won the first set and went up an early break in the second.

Enqvist saved a match point from a Soderling return which appeared to crawl over the net cord on its own.

The senior Swede then double-faulted to give Soderling a second chance.

He saved that one also before finally crashing out.

Top-seeded drawcard Agassi returned to Sweden for the first time in a decade and pronounced himself ready to fight for a place in the Masters Cup final next month.

The 34-year-old arrived from business in Paris pleased with his fitness as he aims for a fourth consecutive appearance at the elite Masters, starting on November 15.

Elsewhere, German fourth seed Tommy Haas scored his third career win against Italian veteran Davide Sanguinetti 7-6 (7-5) 6-4, while qualifier Janko Tipsarevic took out seventh-seeded Czech teenager Tomas Berdych 3-6 7-5 6-1.

Feliciano Lopez, the fifth seed who won the Vienna title a fortnight ago, defeated American Jeff Morrison 7-6 (7-5) 7-5
Or who I'm supposed to be
I don't want to be anything other than me
I don't wanna be ~ Gavin DeGraw

Footy's back C'mon WEST COAST
crazzzy_grrl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote