MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - > Pim Pim News and Articles <

View Single Post

Old 10-26-2004, 09:41 PM   #7
country flag Aleksa's Laydee

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: > Pim Pim News and Articles <

Johansson and Soderling herald changing of the guard for Swedish tennis
Tue 26 Oct, 10:04 PM

STOCKHOLM (AFP) - Joachim Johansson, Sweden's next hope for a Top 10 spot, took the first step towards a potential seeded final with legend Andre Agassi as he defeated Adrian Garcia 6-4, 6-2 at the 632,750-euro Stockholm Open.

The first-round win for the 22-year-old 11th-ranked big-hitter led the way for compatriot and fellow seed Robin Soderling.

Advertisment
The number six seed dismissed three-time champion and compatriot Thomas Enqvist 7-6 (7/4), 6-3 as the Swedish game sees a generational shift in its power base.

Johansson reached the semi-finals of the U.S. Open last month, beating holder Andy Roddick before falling to Lleyton Hewitt.

Johansson is enjoying a week of playing at home, sleeping in his own bed rather than a hotel room.

"I've been a bit sick for the past two weeks but I'm feeling much better now," said the second seed.

"I got off to a good start with an early break and was able to focus on my own service games. I'm satisfied with my game, but there are a few things I'd like to improve."

Soderling took his third win of 2004 against the 30-year-old Enqvist.

Soderling, who lifted his first career title in Lyon this autumn, won the first set and went up an early break in the second.

Enqvist saved a match point from a Soderling return which appeared to crawl over the net cord on its own.

The senior Swede then double-faulted to give Soderling a second chance.

He saved that one also before finally crashing out.

Dmitry Tursunov

*mmm sweaty hugs from dima *
[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
[Big right back at ya dude]
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray - Fernando Gonzalez - Max Mirnyi - Jan Michael Gambill
James Blake - Greg Rusedski - Alex Bogdanovic
Andrew Kennaugh & Michael Ryderstedt ♥
Aleksa's Laydee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote