MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Jamie 'Stretch' Murray thread

View Single Post

Old 05-13-2009, 01:56 PM   #747
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jamie 'Stretch' Murray thread

Well, there was a time when I was saying that Jamie was hideously overrated, but now he has gone to the opposite extreme and is seriously underperforming...the latest early exit in this week's Zagreb challenger, R1. 2/6 6/7 to Luczak & Motti, partnering Vizner (who isn't bad). Two weeks ago, in Tunis, he again fell in the first round of a challenger, as top seed, partnering none other than Paul Hanley (a household name as far as doubles is concerned). Good result in beating Petzschner/Peya last week (what a week for Petzschner wasting match points in singles and doubles! ), but that was decidedly lucky (17/15 champions tiebreak), if anything...and Gremelmayr/Meffert easily finished him off in the QF.

He really isn't this bad, and I guess that a serious lack of confidence really can get to a player this much. Hope he can find his way from here pretty sharpish...it isn't like doubles pays well even at the highest level of competition.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote