MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Where are the teenagers ? (Top 100 getting older and older)

View Single Post

Old 05-08-2009, 10:47 PM   #5
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

MacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where are teenagers ?

I can't speak for the rest of the world, but have some thoughts on the US. In this country you can sign one 5 contract in baseball, football, or basketball and make what Federer has in his entire career. If you were a parent, where would you push your kids. Unfortunately tennis is rapidly becoming a distant choice for young athletes in this country, and only recently have we began to try to do something about it. It remains to be seen if we can turn this thing around.
I noticed last week after Rome, I didn't even hear it mentioned on ESPN or any other news outlet who won the damn tournament. They were all to busy rehashing NBA playoff games.