MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Give me your tennis heart

View Single Post

Old 05-07-2009, 06:51 PM   #7
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Give me your tennis heart

Okay. I used to hate tennis as a kid. I found it hard and Brazil pretty much sucked (to me Oncins was a loser, but he was a top100, I was really a gloryhunter). Then at 97 Guga won RG. I thought about trying to play tennis, in such a bandwagon and hype that started on Brazil. I was 10 years old.
I couldn´t say I was talented,for one year I took free lessons, butwhen I turned 11 I started training hard, finishing 1999 ranking as top100 of the state, having reached one final.
But then came 2000/2001 and with the prospect off studying hard to get into a public Uni I left training just as I made 13/14. Now I´m 22 and I play only amateur matches but I try to play at least two times per month.

Just as you see, Brazil had a lot of young kids trying to play tennis after Guga´s victories, but it doesn´t seem it really had a great effect on the countries prospects. I was a bit old (late 86 generation) when I started, but the 1988-1991 generation which was little kids when Guga was on his peak has not showed yet a very good prospect just like Villas made an impact on Argentina or Borg on Sweden. By the way, I hope Sweden gets better, because tennis there can get a lot unpopular without a Borg or an Edberg or Wilanders in the circuit.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote